Monday, April 16, 2012

Cake Batter Pancakes!

I know this is more of a breakfast recipe (and I usually post those on Saturday mornings), but I've had a lot of requests for this recipe after posting the picture on Facebook.


Cake Batter Pancakes

1 ½ cups cake mix (Funfetti or yellow)
2 tbsp. oil
½ cup milk
1 egg

Whisk together all ingredients until well blended.
Drop about ½ cup of batter onto hot pan (pancakes will rise and expand as they cook).  Cook on one side until top starts to bubble, then gently flip onto other side and cook for about 1 minute (or until golden brown on both sides).
Serve with maple syrup, whipped topping, or my favorite… powdered sugar icing with an extra “sprinkle” of sprinkles!!

NOTE: I froze the remainder of my cake mix (exactly 1 ½ cups) and will use it another time for pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment