Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Roll Up

I got my inspiration for this recipe from Kraft Food Magazine.  Like most things I make, I find a recipe I like and then change/add ingredients to make it more personal for my family and me.

I have made it several times and found the perfect ingredients for a quick and delicious dinner.




Bacon Cheeseburger Roll Up

1 Pillsbury pizza dough crust (MUST be Pillsbury)
1 lb. hamburger
1 small-medium onion, chopped
½-1 pkg. real bacon bits
1 TBSP. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. Hot Sauce
Garlic powder
Red Pepper Flakes, to taste (optional)
¼ block Velveeta cheese (this can be off brand)

Preheat oven to 400.
In a skillet, brown hamburger.  Once hamburger is drained, add chopped onion, real bacon bits, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and other spices.  Cook until onions are tender.
Then, add Velveeta cheese and stir often until cheese is melted and mixed well with hamburger mixture.
Let cool for about 7-10 minutes (If not, pizza dough will get too soft to roll).
Line baking pan with aluminum foil.  Then spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
Unroll pizza dough into a rectangle in the center of the baking sheet.
Spread hamburger mixture evenly in the center of the dough.
Start on long side of the dough and gently roll into a log.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment