Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter BBQ!


Yesterday was the 1st snow of 2012.  I was wishing for the summer warmth and BBQ!!  So, I decided to make the best of the situation.  I put some Bacon & Cheddar Brats on my indoor grill, added some sweet potato french fries, and made some baked beans!!  YUMMM!!!

I also fixed a simple cake for dessert. 

Mini Chocolate Chip Cake

1 yellow cake mix (or any other flavor would work too)
1 package instant pudding (I used chocolate, but vanilla would be good too)
4 eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup water
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 pkg of mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.
Mix together cake mix, instant pudding, eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, and water. Fold in the sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is set.
Top with chocolate syrup and whipped cream, if desired.

3 comments:

  1. Kara

    How do you make the sweet potato fries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones pictured I simply used store bought sweet potato fries. However, when I have more energy I take a whole sweet potato and use a potato slicer and make more like sweet potato chips. You can either fry them in some oil or put them in the microwave. I just put them on a microwave safe plate in a single layer and they are good in about 2-3 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave. And I always add seasonings to ANY sweet potato be it mine or store bought: garlic powder, salt and pepper or cinnamon and brown/white sugar. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete