Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crust-less Pecan-less Pecan Pie

So if you are like me and love the filling of pecan pie, but hate the pecans and crust, then this recipe is for you!!

This is so simple and so delicious!! You can not taste the graham cracker crust because the filling soaks into it and everything becomes one. 



Crust-less Pecan-less Pecan Pie Recipe

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
6 eggs
2
TBSP butter/margarine, melted
2 tsp vanilla

1 graham cracker crust

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend together.
Pour into a pre-made graham cracker crust
Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, or until center is set.

NOTE: The filling did not all fit into the pre-made graham cracker crust, so I decided to put the remaining filling in a ramekin dish.  I cooked at the 325 but for about 10-15 minutes less than the pie.


**The top of the pie did get a little hard (my husband thought it was burnt!) but when we cut into it, the center was still gooey!  Next time, I might try to cover it with aluminum foil before baking and see if that may help to prevent browning on the top.  If you try this, let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment